Monday, May 20, 2019

Overheard conversations

on the way to school...not the usual Via Saffi route, but the route through Porta Verita because there's a shop there that sells quaderni (notebooks) and is open early, and both C and H need some for the day....

Connor to Hannah:
"I like Italy almost as much as I like America.  I just want to go home because I love our house and yard and neighborhood and my friends."

Hannah in reply:
"I like Italy and America the same.  If we could have our friends here, then I'd stay here."


-------------------------------------

in the rental car, riding back from Syracuse to Catania (Sicily)...Sebastian and Mary.

kid 1:  Italian something....blah blah blah
kid 2: Corrects an italian word or phrase or verb ending
kid 1: No...wait..yeah, yeah, justo.



No comments:

Post a Comment